The Information WHEREZA Collects:
* User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) to WHEREZA when choosing to participate in various activities on the WHEREZA Sites such as adding spots in your account or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
* Cookies Information: When you visit the WHEREZA Sites, we may send, or cause to be sent, one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. WHEREZA uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the WHEREZA Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
* Log File Information: When you use the WHEREZA Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* Clear GIFs Information: When you use the WHEREZA Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way WHEREZA Uses Information
* If you submit personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) to us through the WHEREZA Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the WHEREZA Sites.
* Any personal information (including personally identifiable information) or other content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., on discussion boards, in public messages and public chat areas, within notes in your public spots, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by third parties. Any content that you submit to the WHEREZA Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
* You voluntarily choose an account name when you register for WHEREZA ("Account Name"). Your Account Name is displayed to other Users when you add public spots and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
* We do not use your personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major WHEREZA Site changes or for customer service purposes).
* We use both your personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the WHEREZA Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
* To improve the quality of WHEREZA's services, we may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties. If you access WHEREZA through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., Facebook), we may also collect your public user ID associated with that third-party service, and any information you have made public in connection with that service and which the third party shares with partner services.
When WHEREZA Discloses Information
* We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
* We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the WHEREZA Sites.
* We may release personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
* WHEREZA also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.)that WHEREZA believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms & Conditions, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of WHEREZA, our Users or others.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information (such as your full name and email address) through the WHEREZA Sites, in which case WHEREZA may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Please note that media files uploaded by Users to the WHEREZA Sites cannot be removed and remain subject to our Terms & Conditions.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Our Commitment To Data Security
WHEREZA uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to WHEREZA and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, WHEREZA makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If WHEREZA learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. WHEREZA may post a notice on the WHEREZA Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact form.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that WHEREZA is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified January 13, 2012.